Monday, March 22, 2010

The Very Senior Primary School Teacher

I asked Daphne, a Primary 4 student, why her words were written so big in her workbooks, something like font size 40 on the monitor. She said that her teacher is so old and his glasses so big to be able to read anything small. Well, I believed her. How's that for respecting your teacher eh? lol...

Dying To Myself

My Sunday was not a typical one, in fact, things happened that day that were uncalled for.
People who know me would say that I'm a quiet person, acts cool, dull expression, can't tell whether I'm stern or just a sleepy look on my face. They are quite right, and I don't really like confrontation, or anything like that. Sometimes I avoid being in crowds, and needless to say, stage frights I have. Or perhaps I'm just shy and sometimes afraid to look at someone in the eye and say what I mean.
So I had to die to these traits on Sunday, get out of my comfort zone and do what I had to do. Anger did give a little push and some help.
Heated exchange of words, shouting, things that I said on Sunday, though I was not proud of it, had to be said to let the other party know what I feel and what I want all these years. I'd like to add, that I wasn't a blaming person. But that very day I pointed out all the wrongs.
Perhaps it was due to pressure which brings me to mention a little bit on the content, it was all for my son Joshua. I was desperate because I might face a time where no one could look after him while Penny and I got our day jobs to attend to. And to take leave is temporary measure, which is only like what? few days?

If anyone reads this post. I'd like to point out that my intent of this post is not to vent anger, gossip, talking behind people's back or anything like that. I am sharing my life, and what happened. There are take-aways to every story, something we can learn and seek to improve.

Till now, I am glad to say that Joshua will be given care and that's all that I had wished for.

I'll end off by saying that being anti-social or an introvert might give you problems in your relationships. If you are one, or little like that.. work on it, it goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment