Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Best People in my Office

2nd August 2010 marks a beginning of a new journey in my life, or should I say new changes that I have to get used to in my current journey.

The maid has left and that means Joshua is fully under our care, excluding the time he is at day care. We need to worry about his new adjustments too. Things like taking noon naps without the "yoyo" bed, making new friends at the centre, we don't know if he likes the food prepared there, and many other little and huge issues combined together. Surely, there are a few of them thats gonna give Penny and I headaches, on top of getting household chores done and attending my night classes which I have started just a month ago.

I believe in praying to God and having them answered by the Almighty. That leads me to mention how I started my job 10 years ago and how it ended just last Thursday. I'm still working for the same organisation, just that my work place and colleagues have changed. A nasty start compared to a reluctant-to-leave ending in my work place which I have gone through for the last 10 years. Those people in my work place especially my office brothers which I hate to say goodbye. I actually had a choice to stay, circumstances changed and it really doesnt matter if I leave or not. Because I planned to leave the organisation once I have completed my studies. But well, I cant just revoke this job posting.
I'm not boasting, but praising God. What I've mentioned just now about a nasty start on my job 10 years ago, somehow its the exact opposite now. People in my work place dislike me when I first started work. Now, no one in my office wanted me to leave. I have actually made real friends and brotherhood, and workwise, I have made myself indispensable.
This is a testimony on how God answered my prayers 10 years ago when I prayed for people who disliked me, gaining favour, and work itself.

Vincent Lai, Alex Li, Belinda Lim, Sam Ngiam, Wendy Leong, Koh Hwee Chong, Mavis Tan, the late Mr. Koh Wee Kiat, Tiffany Lee, Lin Qingyuan, Mickey, Lim Teow Lee, and those who I have not mentioned but worked with me for the supply office. You guys are the best people and I'm going to salute to you for your support for the period 2001 to 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment